CHIPPEWA FALLS, Wis. - Authorities in Chippewa County said a festival attraction in which participants jump 25 feet onto an inflatable air-bag left one man with a broken neck and two others with broken ankles.
An Eau Claire Leader-Telegram report said the attraction was new this year at Country Fest in Chippewa Falls.
Sheriff's Capt. Gene Gutsch said one person suffered a back injury on Saturday, and man broke his neck Sunday. He said the man underwent emergency surgery.
Wade Asher is the general manager of Chippewa Valley Music Festivals. He said the neck injury happened late Sunday, and if he'd been aware of the injuries sooner he would have shut down the attraction.
He also said the attraction won't be included next year.
Country Fest ran from Thursday through Sunday.
- Pedestrian killed in Walworth County crash
- Thousands participate in Madison March for Science
- Friends, family send off 85 National Guard members
- Body pulled out of Kinnickinnic River in Milwaukee
- Signs go up in Racine marking Frank Lloyd Wright Trail
- DNR: Alcohol may be involved in Lake Wisconsin boat crash