MADISON, Wis. - A Madison man accused of beating a homeless man to death is bound over for trial in Dane County Court.
Justin T. Brooks, 32, of Madison, appeared in court for a preliminary hearing on Thursday.
Police said 61-year-old Robert Kuntz died after suffering life-threatening injuries when he was beaten outside downtown near the Capitol in June.
A witness, who had been sleeping on a nearby bench, told police he awoke to see another man battering the 61-year-old in the head at about 2:30 a.m.
Officials said Brooks was arrested after witnesses to the attack were interviewed.
Brooks is charged with first-degree intentional homicide and bail jumping.
- Downtown homicide victim's roommate: Victim was likely trying to help the man who killed him
- Vet: Quick action saved dog who swallowed nails; Humane Society: 'This is now on our radar'
- State receives $20,000 grant to combat drugged driving
- Janesville police share internet safety tips for parents
- Facing deadline, most Wisconsin dairy farms find new buyer
- Congress considers removal of FDA oversight to e-cigarettes