MADISON, Wis. - A Madison man accused of beating a homeless man to death is bound over for trial in Dane County Court.
Justin T. Brooks, 32, of Madison, appeared in court for a preliminary hearing on Thursday.
Police said 61-year-old Robert Kuntz died after suffering life-threatening injuries when he was beaten outside downtown near the Capitol in June.
A witness, who had been sleeping on a nearby bench, told police he awoke to see another man battering the 61-year-old in the head at about 2:30 a.m.
Officials said Brooks was arrested after witnesses to the attack were interviewed.
Brooks is charged with first-degree intentional homicide and bail jumping.
- Police: Woman stabbed with scissors in neck by her boyfriend
- Fremont woman accused in boyfriend's fatal stabbing is acquitted
- East Towne Mall employee attacked, robbed
- Woman arrested, suspected of abducting her kids
- ACLU: Youth prison lawsuit prompted by silence from investigators
- UW-Madison chosen to test autonomous vehicles