MONROE, Wis. - A woman was strangled and beaten during a domestic incident that lasted several hours, according to the Green County Sheriff's Office.
Deputies were called to a home in the W8400 block of State Highway 39 in rural Blanchardville Wednesday morning for a report of a domestic incident.
The criminal complaint states a woman at the home had been repeatedly punched in the shoulder, chest and stomach between late Tuesday and early Wednesday. A deputy also noted injuries to the woman's neck from reported strangulation. The woman said that during the attack she was unable to breathe through her mouth but was able to get some air through her nose.
The woman sought treatment and was released from Belleville Family Medical Center.
Christian Timothy Black, 34, was found at his business in Madison by Madison police. He was arrested on suspicion of felony strangulation, battery and disorderly conduct.
- MPD: Around 12,000 attend 2017 Mifflin Street Block Party; no serious incidents
- Officials identify woman killed in Middleton homicide; suspect in custody
- Robber points gun at motel clerk, flees empty-handed
- Wisconsin woman's play to take stage in San Diego
- Aging farmers in Wisconsin fear nursing care may cost farm
- Green Bay official explores ban on openly carrying guns