MADISON, Wis. - Two bicyclists came to the aid of a man who was beaten unconscious on a bike trail in a feud over a woman, according to a release from Madison police.
The bicyclists told police the 60-year-old man was being punched under a bridge on the Yahara River Bike Path Monday morning when they stopped to help. One of them pulled the attacker off the victim while the other called police.
Witnesses told police David M. Hurley, 45, continued to punch the victim after he lost consciousness.
The man was hospitalized for treatment of head injuries.
Police said both men were drunk and one said they were fighting over a woman.
Hurley was arrested on suspicion of substantial battery.
- Minnesota ban on Sunday liquor sales may be lifted
- Mustard Museum may close if county doesn't forgive loan
- Republican, Democrat each share hopes for inauguration
- Child expert weighs in on search for 9-month-old
- Sheriff warns of phone scammer pretending to be deputy
- Warm weather is melting away profits in the winter sports industry