MADISON, Wis. - A Madison man told police he was beaten and robbed by two men in the 600 block of State Street early Sunday morning.
Police said 26-year-old victim was punched to the ground and kicked by the two men before 2 a.m. The victim said he was either knocked out or passed out because of alcohol consumption.
He said when he awoke, his wallet and cellphone were missing.
He said one of the attackers was someone who he had gotten into a brief confrontation with in a bar earlier the same night.
One of the attackers is described as white, 21 to 24 years old, 5 feet 10 inches to 6 feet tall, weighing 180 to 200 pounds, with blond hair, a medium build, beard and moustache and wearing a black hoodie and a black "beanie" style hat.
- 30 missing after avalanche buries Italian hotel
- One injured after stabbing in Madison
- Grocery store offers 'ugly' produce to combat food waste
- Missing Marathon County man found safe
- Police: Boy, 12, to officers at mall: 'I'm going to kill you, your wife, your children'
- Man shot in face testifies in homicide trial of Sophea Mouth