MADISON, Wis. - A Madison man told police he was beaten and robbed by two men in the 600 block of State Street early Sunday morning.
Police said 26-year-old victim was punched to the ground and kicked by the two men before 2 a.m. The victim said he was either knocked out or passed out because of alcohol consumption.
He said when he awoke, his wallet and cellphone were missing.
He said one of the attackers was someone who he had gotten into a brief confrontation with in a bar earlier the same night.
One of the attackers is described as white, 21 to 24 years old, 5 feet 10 inches to 6 feet tall, weighing 180 to 200 pounds, with blond hair, a medium build, beard and moustache and wearing a black hoodie and a black "beanie" style hat.
- Downtown homicide victim's roommate: Victim was likely trying to help the man who killed him
- Vet: Quick action saved dog who swallowed nails; Humane Society: 'This is now on our radar'
- State receives $20,000 grant to combat drugged driving
- Janesville police share internet safety tips for parents
- Facing deadline, most Wisconsin dairy farms find new buyer
- Congress considers removal of FDA oversight to e-cigarettes