MADISON, Wis. - A man was punched in the head 20-30 times by a drunken man after the Rhythm & Booms fireworks display on Wednesday, according to Madison police.
Police said Shaun R. Barr, 25, of Madison, was found urinating on a fence in the 1300 block of Troy Drive and was confronted by the 35-year-old property owner.
Witnessed told police Barr charged and began punching the victim and tried to gouge the victim's eyes. The man beat Barr off with a small flashlight.
Police said Barr threatened the victim and officers and was arrested on suspicion of battery, disorderly conduct, depositing human waste products and bail jumping.
Witnesses told police that if they had not arrived when they did, the beating could have gotten more violent.
- Crews deal with dwindling salt supply, funds amid icy winter
- Monona cafe calls for action after no charges in embezzlement case
- Consumer Reports: Should you buy Ikea appliances?
- Consumer Reports: Foods that heal
- WEDC grants help grow entrepreneurship programs across state
- Political expert weighs in on effectiveness of Women's March movement