MADISON, Wis. - Madison police said they are investigating an attempted robbery at a Walgreens pharmacy on the city's far east side.
Police responded to the Walgreens at 4518 Cottage Grove Road at about 11:35 a.m. Monday after a masked man tried to rob the pharmacy of Oxycontin, according to a Madison Police Department incident report.
A pharmacist said the man passed a note demanding the prescription narcotic and made a threatening statement, according to the incident report.
As the pharmacist took the note and walked away from the counter, the man got spooked and took off empty handed, police said.
Police said the would-be robber was described as a white man standing 5 feet 11 inches tall with a medium build. He was wearing a blue hoodie and a surgical mask over his face, police said.
- Kenosha teen stabbed at school dies
- Authorities: Woman fatally shot father and took her own life
- Syrian man who sued Trump brings family to US
- DATCP warns of resurgence of fake IRS calls
- Appeal rejected in death of 2 Janesville motorcyclists
- Man accused in deadly wrong-way I-94 wreck not competent, judge says