MADISON, Wis. - Madison police said they are investigating an attempted robbery at a Walgreens pharmacy on the city's far east side.
Police responded to the Walgreens at 4518 Cottage Grove Road at about 11:35 a.m. Monday after a masked man tried to rob the pharmacy of Oxycontin, according to a Madison Police Department incident report.
A pharmacist said the man passed a note demanding the prescription narcotic and made a threatening statement, according to the incident report.
As the pharmacist took the note and walked away from the counter, the man got spooked and took off empty handed, police said.
Police said the would-be robber was described as a white man standing 5 feet 11 inches tall with a medium build. He was wearing a blue hoodie and a surgical mask over his face, police said.
- UWM instructor hopes students can find solution to lead problem
- Man arrested on suspicion of OWI after crash
- Assembly Republicans plan to add $300 million for roads
- Minnesota ban on Sunday liquor sales may be lifted
- Mustard Museum may close if county doesn't forgive loan
- Republican, Democrat each share hopes for inauguration