MADISON, Wis. - Madison police said they are investigating an attempted robbery at a Walgreens pharmacy on the city's far east side.
Police responded to the Walgreens at 4518 Cottage Grove Road at about 11:35 a.m. Monday after a masked man tried to rob the pharmacy of Oxycontin, according to a Madison Police Department incident report.
A pharmacist said the man passed a note demanding the prescription narcotic and made a threatening statement, according to the incident report.
As the pharmacist took the note and walked away from the counter, the man got spooked and took off empty handed, police said.
Police said the would-be robber was described as a white man standing 5 feet 11 inches tall with a medium build. He was wearing a blue hoodie and a surgical mask over his face, police said.
- Glass packaging flaw prompts beer recall
- Winter weather could slow Wednesday commute
- $1M lottery ticket sold in Madison expires soon
- Men to be without safe, sober home with no live-in manager
- Ho-Chunk casino could draw $37 million from other casinos
- Multiple reports of gunshots heard in Madison Sunday night