MADISON, Wis. - A 46-year-old Madison man was arrested after he allegedly tried to break into a home on the 900 block of Midland Street.
Carnell J. Shorter, 46, of Madison attempted to pry his way into the home Saturday afternoon, according to a report from Madison police.
The 26-year-old victim told officers Shorter knocked on his door before attempting to break in by prying the door open.
The home owner, who initially ignored Shorter called police. According to the report officers arrived before shorter, who has a history of burglary, could get into the house.
Shorter was arrested on charges of attempted burglary and possession of burglarous tools.
- Vet: Quick action saved dog who swallowed nails; Humane Society: 'This is now on our radar'
- State receives $20,000 grant to combat drugged driving
- Janesville police share internet safety tips for parents
- Facing deadline, most Wisconsin dairy farms find new buyer
- Congress considers removal of FDA oversight to e-cigarettes
- Madison middle school to require student uniforms