MADISON, Wis. - A 46-year-old Madison man was arrested after he allegedly tried to break into a home on the 900 block of Midland Street.
Carnell J. Shorter, 46, of Madison attempted to pry his way into the home Saturday afternoon, according to a report from Madison police.
The 26-year-old victim told officers Shorter knocked on his door before attempting to break in by prying the door open.
The home owner, who initially ignored Shorter called police. According to the report officers arrived before shorter, who has a history of burglary, could get into the house.
Shorter was arrested on charges of attempted burglary and possession of burglarous tools.
- Sheriff: Man driving 30 mph over speed limit was drunk
- Stoughton woman faces 5th OWI charge
- Farms' thirst for water roils Wisconsin's central sands
- Town of Janesville man faces 6th OWI
- Angler catches massive trout, doesn't count for state record
- Overtime to catch Jakubowski cost Rock County Sheriff's Office $80,000