PRAIRIE DU CHIEN, Wis. - A Prairie du Chien man was attacked with a golf club as he was opening a church on Wednesday, according to Prairie du Chien police.
The 68-year-old victim went to the police department at 6:15 a.m. after he was attacked. He told officers he was assaulted by a man as he was opening St. Gabriel's Church and was struck twice with a golf club. The man also used the golf club to strike the victim's vehicle multiple times.
Police said they went to the church and found Chad A. Dahling, 44, of Elkader, Iowa, attempting to leave. Officers said they don't know Dahling's motive for the attack.
Dahling punched a Crawford County jailer during the booking process, according to police. The jailer was taken to a hospital for treatment.
Dahling was arrested on suspicion of battery, battery to a law enforcement officer and criminal damage to property.
- Pickup truck, car fall through ice on 2 Dodge County lakes
- Man killed after setting off apartment explosion
- District: Some Janesville school bus routes canceled because of slippery roads
- Driver of car going 107 mph suspected of drug use, deputies say
- Car reported missing discovered crashed into condo, police say
- Driver who nearly strikes state patrol car charged with 4th OWI, trooper says