MADISON, Wis. - A 27-year-old Madison man was attacked and robbed by a group of young men early Saturday morning, according to a report from Madison police.
The man told police he was walking along South Shore Drive from a South Park Street bar early Saturday morning when several young men who were outside the bar followed him.
The men asked the victim if he wanted to buy marijuana. He said no and was attacked a short time later, police said. The man was punched, knocked down and robbed of his wallet.
One of the group members is described as Hispanic, in his late teens to early 20s, 6 feet tall and wearing a light blue tank top and shorts. Another is described as black, in his late teens to early 20s, 5 feet 6 inches tall with a 2-3 inch Afro haircut. He was shirtless, carrying a white T-shirt and wearing black shorts. Another is described as black, in his late teens to early 20s and 6 feet tall. The fourth is described as white and wearing a black hat with a red brim, black pants and sleeveless white T-shirt.Madison crime map
- Family remembers fire that took 4 kids' lives 25 years later
- Plea deal reached in killing of 13-year-old girl in 1982
- Madison Club donation focuses on 100 Black Men, achievement gap
- Madison Metro bus driver retires after half a century
- City streets dept. denies telling MMSD roads were OK
- Icy conditions send more people to ER for falls