MADISON, Wis. - A 27-year-old Madison man was attacked and robbed by a group of young men early Saturday morning, according to a report from Madison police.
The man told police he was walking along South Shore Drive from a South Park Street bar early Saturday morning when several young men who were outside the bar followed him.
The men asked the victim if he wanted to buy marijuana. He said no and was attacked a short time later, police said. The man was punched, knocked down and robbed of his wallet.
One of the group members is described as Hispanic, in his late teens to early 20s, 6 feet tall and wearing a light blue tank top and shorts. Another is described as black, in his late teens to early 20s, 5 feet 6 inches tall with a 2-3 inch Afro haircut. He was shirtless, carrying a white T-shirt and wearing black shorts. Another is described as black, in his late teens to early 20s and 6 feet tall. The fourth is described as white and wearing a black hat with a red brim, black pants and sleeveless white T-shirt.Madison crime map
- Family-owned business disputes child labor laws
- Memorial High all-school read sparks conversations about race, social justice
- DNR provides funding to remove lead service lines from homes
- Delavan man killed in motorcycle vs. tree crash, officials say
- GOP Legislature calls redistricting ruling 'dangerous'
- Crazylegs run/walk to close many downtown streets Saturday