SHELL LAKE, Wis. - The brother of a man attacked by a black bear in northwestern Wisconsin said he has a long road to recovery.
Bob Brown said his brother, Jerry, lost his left eye when the bear attacked outside a cabin near Shell Lake Monday night. Bob Brown told WEAU-TV his brother's face was crushed and that surgeons have already done some surgery to repair the damage. He said the bear also bit his brother's arm.
The 63-year-old patient is recovering at North Memorial Medical Center in Robbinsdale, Minn.
A hospital spokeswoman said Brown is in stable condition Thursday.
Jerry and Bob Brown's brother, Randy, shot at the bear as it attacked and it ran away.
- 75,000+ attend 'Women's March on Madison'
- Police looking for driver who fled after causing crash
- MPD: 9-month-old girl back safe after father refused to return her to mother
- Committee debates to keep or remove Monterrey Dam
- 2 teenagers chased by police die in car crash in Milwaukee
- Four displaced in west side apartment fire