SHELL LAKE, Wis. - The brother of a man attacked by a black bear in northwestern Wisconsin said he has a long road to recovery.
Bob Brown said his brother, Jerry, lost his left eye when the bear attacked outside a cabin near Shell Lake Monday night. Bob Brown told WEAU-TV his brother's face was crushed and that surgeons have already done some surgery to repair the damage. He said the bear also bit his brother's arm.
The 63-year-old patient is recovering at North Memorial Medical Center in Robbinsdale, Minn.
A hospital spokeswoman said Brown is in stable condition Thursday.
Jerry and Bob Brown's brother, Randy, shot at the bear as it attacked and it ran away.
- 'Out of the darkness' walk for suicide prevention
- Woman may face charges after being thrown from vehicle during crash
- Officials ID fatal Grant County crash victim
- Police: Electronics taken from Boscobel home Friday
- Armed robberies in Monona, Madison may be connected, Monona PD says
- Widow of slayed Racine man wants ban of hollow-point bullets