MADISON, Wis. - A Waunakee man was attacked at a Metro Bus transfer point Monday night, according to a report from Madison police.
Officers said Marcus I. Curtis, 32, of Madison struck up a conversation with a 38-year-old man around 10:30 p.m. at the south transfer point on Badger Road and asked the victim for a cigarette before punching the victim and running away with a friend.
Police said Curtis returned but took the victim's smartphone before he fled again.
Officers arrested Curtis nearby on suspicion of robbery with the use of force.Madison crime map
- 'Peaceful' protests, candlelight vigil held in Madison over Trump inauguration
- Wisconsin Supreme Court orders John Doe documents released
- Classes teach Madisonians how to keep backyard bees
- Judge orders suspended UW student to face trial
- First responders urge people to stay off ice this weekend
- Madison police have video of road rage incident involving a car and bike