TOWN OF MITCHELL, Wis. - Sheboygan County authorities say a 60-year-old man has died while digging a hole in a barn.
Emergency crews were called after 4 p.m. Tuesday to the Town of Mitchell. The victim was found in a 3-foot hole he was digging inside the barn.
Douglas Orzechowski was pronounced dead. He lived at the property.
The Sheboygan County coroner ruled the victim died of accidental positional asphyxiation, meaning he had gotten into a position where he could not breathe.
- Robber points gun at motel clerk, flees empty-handed
- Wisconsin woman's play to take stage in San Diego
- Aging farmers in Wisconsin fear nursing care may cost farm
- Police questioning suspect in Middleton homicide
- Green Bay official explores ban on openly carrying guns
- Sheriff: Alcohol may be factor in crash that injured two