TOWN OF MITCHELL, Wis. - Sheboygan County authorities say a 60-year-old man has died while digging a hole in a barn.
Emergency crews were called after 4 p.m. Tuesday to the Town of Mitchell. The victim was found in a 3-foot hole he was digging inside the barn.
Douglas Orzechowski was pronounced dead. He lived at the property.
The Sheboygan County coroner ruled the victim died of accidental positional asphyxiation, meaning he had gotten into a position where he could not breathe.
- Increase in garage burglaries reported in Sun Prairie
- Man accused of trying to kill unborn child in Wis. arrested in NY
- Two men charged with armed robbery in Monroe
- Crash involving ambulance closes U.S. Highway 12
- Crews deal with dwindling salt supply, funds amid icy winter
- Madison cafe calls for action after no charges in embezzlement case