MADISON, Wis. - A Blue Mounds man was arrested on numerous charges after an investigation prompted by a missing person report, according to the Dane County Sheriff's Office.
Detectives said while searching for a missing Mazomanie man last week, they discovered Joshua J. Anstice, 35, had threatened and assaulted the man with a handgun before the man disappeared. The missing man was located and substantiated the claim, according to detectives.
Firearms and ammunition were recovered when investigators searched Anstice's residence and his business in Cross Plains, according to detectives.
Anstice was arrested on suspicion of two counts each of endangering safety with a dangerous weapon and second-degree recklessly endangering safety.
- Community supports boy fighting for his life
- Neighborhood initiative aims to diminish crime on Madison's east side
- Dodge Co. Sheriff asks for more student education after school threats made
- Two injured in Iowa County rollover crash
- Family: Milwaukee mother shot repeatedly in van
- Dane County airport wins award for food program