MADISON, Wis. - A Blue Mounds man was arrested on numerous charges after an investigation prompted by a missing person report, according to the Dane County Sheriff's Office.
Detectives said while searching for a missing Mazomanie man last week, they discovered Joshua J. Anstice, 35, had threatened and assaulted the man with a handgun before the man disappeared. The missing man was located and substantiated the claim, according to detectives.
Firearms and ammunition were recovered when investigators searched Anstice's residence and his business in Cross Plains, according to detectives.
Anstice was arrested on suspicion of two counts each of endangering safety with a dangerous weapon and second-degree recklessly endangering safety.
- Family remembers fire that took 4 kids' lives 25 years later
- Plea deal reached in killing of 13-year-old girl in 1982
- Madison Club donation focuses on 100 Black Men, achievement gap
- Madison Metro bus driver retires after half a century
- City streets dept. denies telling MMSD roads were OK
- Icy conditions send more people to ER for falls