SUN PRAIRIE, Wis. - Sun Prairie police said they arrested a man on a felony charge of operating while intoxicated early Sunday morning.
A Sun Prairie police officer saw a vehicle speeding about 1 a.m. on West Main Street near Flint Street.
The officer conducted a traffic stop and contacted the driver, who was identified as Gaston D. Heredia, 31, of Waterloo, according to a Sun Prairie Police Department news release.
Police said Heredia was arrested on a charge of fourth offense OWI. Because this offense occurred within five years of a third OWI conviction, the resulting charge is a felony, police said.
Heredia was booked into the Dane County Jail on the felony OWI charge and was also cited for speeding, according to the release.
- Mustard Museum may close if county doesn't forgive loan
- Republican, Democrat each share hopes for inauguration
- Child expert weighs in on search for 9-month-old
- Sheriff warns of phone scammer pretending to be deputy
- Warm weather is melting away profits in the winter sports industry
- Renewable energy conference focuses on working with agriculture