SUN PRAIRIE, Wis. - Sun Prairie police said they arrested a man on a felony charge of operating while intoxicated early Sunday morning.
A Sun Prairie police officer saw a vehicle speeding about 1 a.m. on West Main Street near Flint Street.
The officer conducted a traffic stop and contacted the driver, who was identified as Gaston D. Heredia, 31, of Waterloo, according to a Sun Prairie Police Department news release.
Police said Heredia was arrested on a charge of fourth offense OWI. Because this offense occurred within five years of a third OWI conviction, the resulting charge is a felony, police said.
Heredia was booked into the Dane County Jail on the felony OWI charge and was also cited for speeding, according to the release.
- Poynette woman calls for action over million-dollar scam
- Warmer weather means construction starts on Capitol Square
- Family-owned business disputes child labor laws
- Memorial High all-school read sparks conversations about race, social justice
- DNR provides funding to remove lead service lines from homes
- Delavan man killed in motorcycle vs. tree crash, officials say