TOWN OF WINDSOR, Wis. - A Poynette man was arrested on a felony charge of operating a vehicle while intoxicated Saturday night.
The Dane County Sheriff's Office said a deputy attempted at about 11:52 p.m. to make contact with a driver of a vehicle in the parking lot of a business located on County Highway CV, near State Highway 19, in the town of Windsor.
Prior to any initial contact, the driver exited the vehicle and fled on foot, according to a Dane County Sheriff's Office news release.
The man, identified as Jason L. Leatherberry, 30, was ultimately located in a nearby business, sheriff's officials said.
Leatherberry failed standardized field sobriety tests and was arrested on a charge of operating a motor vehicle while intoxicated -- fourth offense, according to the news release.
Since Leatherberry's last OWI offense date occurred within the last five years, this most recent arrest is a felony offense, sheriff's officials said.
Sheriff's officials said Leatherberry was also arrested on a charge of obstructing. He is being held in the Dane County Jail.
- 75,000+ attend 'Women's March on Madison'
- Police looking for driver who fled after causing crash
- MPD: 9-month-old girl back safe after father refused to return her to mother
- Committee debates to keep or remove Monterrey Dam
- 2 teenagers chased by police die in car crash in Milwaukee
- Four displaced in west side apartment fire