TOWN OF WINDSOR, Wis. - A Poynette man was arrested on a felony charge of operating a vehicle while intoxicated Saturday night.
The Dane County Sheriff's Office said a deputy attempted at about 11:52 p.m. to make contact with a driver of a vehicle in the parking lot of a business located on County Highway CV, near State Highway 19, in the town of Windsor.
Prior to any initial contact, the driver exited the vehicle and fled on foot, according to a Dane County Sheriff's Office news release.
The man, identified as Jason L. Leatherberry, 30, was ultimately located in a nearby business, sheriff's officials said.
Leatherberry failed standardized field sobriety tests and was arrested on a charge of operating a motor vehicle while intoxicated -- fourth offense, according to the news release.
Since Leatherberry's last OWI offense date occurred within the last five years, this most recent arrest is a felony offense, sheriff's officials said.
Sheriff's officials said Leatherberry was also arrested on a charge of obstructing. He is being held in the Dane County Jail.
- Garrison Keillor coming to Breese Stevens Field
- Gun pointed at driver during road rage incident, deputies say
- Wisconsin family rescued from wave that throws them into tide pool
- New Zealand: Janesville doctor must pay for deadly crash
- Police: Crash leads to fourth OWI arrest
- Madison police work to create better quality of life on top of State Street