MADISON, Wis. - An arrest has been made in the string of OxyContin and Oxycodone robberies and thefts from pharmacies in Madison and other surrounding communities.
Madison police said Tony D. Taylor, 35, of Delavan was arrested Tuesday afternoon in DeForest.
Police from multiple jurisdictions, including the FBI, are investigating. Photo lineups might be used to link Taylor to certain cases, according to investigators.
In 16 similar incidents, a man passed a threatening note to a pharmacist at Walgreen's stores in Madison, Beloit, Janesville, Waunakee, Whitewater and Delavan.
A news conference scheduled for 1:30 p.m. Wednesday was canceled and rescheduled for 10:30 a.m. Thursday.VIDEO: Man arrested in pharmacy robberies investigation
- Vet: Quick action saved dog who swallowed nails; Humane Society: 'This is now on our radar'
- State receives $20,000 grant to combat drugged driving
- Janesville police share internet safety tips for parents
- Facing deadline, most Wisconsin dairy farms find new buyer
- Congress considers removal of FDA oversight to e-cigarettes
- Madison middle school to require student uniforms