MADISON, Wis. - An arrest has been made in the string of OxyContin and Oxycodone robberies and thefts from pharmacies in Madison and other surrounding communities.
Madison police said Tony D. Taylor, 35, of Delavan was arrested Tuesday afternoon in DeForest.
Police from multiple jurisdictions, including the FBI, are investigating. Photo lineups might be used to link Taylor to certain cases, according to investigators.
In 16 similar incidents, a man passed a threatening note to a pharmacist at Walgreen's stores in Madison, Beloit, Janesville, Waunakee, Whitewater and Delavan.
A news conference scheduled for 1:30 p.m. Wednesday was canceled and rescheduled for 10:30 a.m. Thursday.VIDEO: Man arrested in pharmacy robberies investigation
- Four displaced in west side apartment fire
- 'Peaceful' protests, candlelight vigil held in Madison over Trump inauguration
- Wisconsin Supreme Court orders John Doe documents released
- Classes teach Madisonians how to keep backyard bees
- Judge orders suspended UW student to face trial
- First responders urge people to stay off ice this weekend