WISCONSIN DELLS, Wis. - There were some tense moments in Wisconsin Dells Tuesday evening, after police set up a perimeter around a home to arrest a man wanted in an assault case.
Police set up the perimeter in the 600 block of Race Street after 7 p.m. Tuesday in an effort to arrest 20-year-old Timothy McEvoy.
Police went to arrest McEvoy after a victim of an assault came to the police department to report the incident.
Officers went to McEvoy's last known location in the 900 block of Washington, but when they got there, a resident saw a person crossing an alley and going into a neighboring home in the 600 block of Race Street.
Police said because McEvoy has a history of violent behavior and weapons possession, they set up a perimeter and asked for help from the Columbia County Sheriff's Department's Emergency Response Team while they secured a warrant.
However, just prior to serving the warrant, police made contact with McEvoy via phone, who turned himself in without incident. He was taken to the Columbia County Jail.
- Review: MSO, APT craft annual 'Beyond the Score' concert
- Ryan meets in Janesville with police chiefs from across US
- Pickup truck, car fall through ice on 2 Dodge County lakes
- Man killed after setting off apartment explosion
- District: Some Janesville school bus routes canceled because of slippery roads
- Driver of car going 107 mph suspected of drug use, deputies say