WISCONSIN DELLS, Wis. - There were some tense moments in Wisconsin Dells Tuesday evening, after police set up a perimeter around a home to arrest a man wanted in an assault case.
Police set up the perimeter in the 600 block of Race Street after 7 p.m. Tuesday in an effort to arrest 20-year-old Timothy McEvoy.
Police went to arrest McEvoy after a victim of an assault came to the police department to report the incident.
Officers went to McEvoy's last known location in the 900 block of Washington, but when they got there, a resident saw a person crossing an alley and going into a neighboring home in the 600 block of Race Street.
Police said because McEvoy has a history of violent behavior and weapons possession, they set up a perimeter and asked for help from the Columbia County Sheriff's Department's Emergency Response Team while they secured a warrant.
However, just prior to serving the warrant, police made contact with McEvoy via phone, who turned himself in without incident. He was taken to the Columbia County Jail.
- Garrison Keillor coming to Breese Stevens Field
- Gun pointed at driver during road rage incident, deputies say
- Wisconsin family rescued from wave that throws them into tide pool
- New Zealand: Janesville doctor must pay for deadly crash
- Police: Crash leads to fourth OWI arrest
- Madison police work to create better quality of life on top of State Street