BELOIT, Wis. - A man was arrested Friday in connection to an armed robbery Monday at a Beloit gas station, according to a release.
Beloit police responded to a report of an armed robbery incident at the Citgo Gas Station at 1888 Shopiere Road in Beloit Monday around 11:12 p.m., according to the release.
Video surveillance from the robbery led to the identification and arrest of Anthony Hill, 48, of Beloit, Friday on charges of armed robbery and on additional charges for a warrant, according to the release.
Officials said an investigation led officials to the PCL Linear at 6402 Rockton Road in South Beloit, Ill., where Hill was taken into custody without incident and was transported to Winnebago County Jail pending extradition back to Wisconsin.
Officials said Hill is a suspect in three gas station burglaries in Beloit. The investigations into each incident remain ongoing.
The incidents all occurred July 5 and the gas station robberies were similar, according to the release.
The Speedway Gas Station at 148 Liberty Ave. was robbed 2:59 a.m., the Woodman's Gas Station at 1877 Madison Road was robbed 2:53 a.m., and the Marathon Gas Station at 2760 Prairie Ave. was robbed at 4:11 a.m., according to the release.
Police ask anyone with information about the incidents to call Beloit police at 608-364-6801 or Beloit Area Crime Stoppers at 608-362-7463.
- Farms' thirst for water roils Wisconsin's central sands
- Town of Janesville man faces 6th OWI
- Angler catches massive trout, doesn't count for state record
- Overtime to catch Jakubowski cost Rock County Sheriff's Office $80,000
- Grant County school bus crash injures two
- Milwaukee TV station receives letter from author claiming to be Jakubowski