ROCK TOWNSHIP, Wis. - A Beloit man was arrested for his second OWI after he crashed into a cable service truck, injuring himself and another person, according to the Rock County Sheriff's Department.
Police said John Leusink, 29, was weaving in his lane on Highway 51 south of Janesville around 8:50 a.m. when he struck the cable truck and trailer from behind, pinning an employee underneath.
The employee, Raul Gonzalez, 39, of Round Lake Heights, Ill., was taken to Mercy Hospital with extensive leg injuries, and was later transferred to St. Mary's, police said. A co-worker and passerby were able to free Gonzalez from under the truck.
Leusink was taken to Mercy Hospital with lower back and hip injuries before being transported to St. Mary's, police said.
Police said Leusink is charged with second offense operating a motor vehicle while intoxicated causing injury, operating a motor vehicle while intoxicated causing great bodily harm, operating after revocation and possession of drug paraphernalia.
- Teenager 'going crazy with a knife' arrested
- PD: Drunk Mt. Horeb man jumps from moving car, runs into side of SUV
- City streets dept. denies telling MMSD roads were OK
- Phone scammer claims to be MPD Chief Mike Koval, officials say
- Icy Dane County road causes nearly 40-car pileup, officials say
- Man, woman caught selling stolen bike on Craigslist, police say