ROCK TOWNSHIP, Wis. - A Beloit man was arrested for his second OWI after he crashed into a cable service truck, injuring himself and another person, according to the Rock County Sheriff's Department.
Police said John Leusink, 29, was weaving in his lane on Highway 51 south of Janesville around 8:50 a.m. when he struck the cable truck and trailer from behind, pinning an employee underneath.
The employee, Raul Gonzalez, 39, of Round Lake Heights, Ill., was taken to Mercy Hospital with extensive leg injuries, and was later transferred to St. Mary's, police said. A co-worker and passerby were able to free Gonzalez from under the truck.
Leusink was taken to Mercy Hospital with lower back and hip injuries before being transported to St. Mary's, police said.
Police said Leusink is charged with second offense operating a motor vehicle while intoxicated causing injury, operating a motor vehicle while intoxicated causing great bodily harm, operating after revocation and possession of drug paraphernalia.
- Uniforms coming to Milwaukee schools
- Messy weather closes schools in southern Wisconsin
- Possible homicide charges for teen driver after man killed in crash
- Man credits Mental Health First Aid for saving co-worker's life
- Adams County woman missing 10 days found safe
- Attorney: Robinson settlement a calculated decision by city's insurer