MADISON, Wis. - University of Wisconsin – Madison police arrested a Madison man Sunday night for his fifth offense operating while intoxicated charge, officials said.
Kevin G. Ball, 45, of Madison, was stopped on Campus Drive at University Bay Drive for speeding around 9:50 p.m., according to a release.
The officer noticed the smell of alcohol on the driver's breath, officials said.
Due to his previous OWI convictions, Ball's blood-alcohol limit was 0.02 percent, according to the release. A breath test determined his blood-alcohol content was 0.054 percent.
Ball was arrested for fifth offense OWI/prohibited alcohol limit, which is a felony, officials said. He was also on charges of speeding, failing to wear a seat belt, operating with a suspended registration and possession of drug paraphernalia.
- Deputies warn of thin ice as warm temps continue
- Falcons roll 44-21 to reach Super Bowl
- Packers fall to Falcons 44-21
- Family, friends of Tony Robinson protest plan to return officer to patrol
- Packers fans stock up on snacks before NFC Championship game
- Wisconsin officials investigating skull found on vacant land