BELOIT, Wis. - The Beloit Police Department said a man was taken into custody following a standoff at a home Wednesday.
Beloit police responded shortly before 2 p.m. to a home in the 1700 block of Pine St. on a report of a man armed with a handgun.
The caller was able to leave the home and identified the suspect as David J. Hanna, 37, according to a Beloit Police Department news release.
The caller told police that Hanna, who didn't live at the home, was the only person remaining in the house and appeared despondent.
Members of the Beloit Police Department's Crisis Negotiations Unit attempted to communicate with Hanna via PA system for more than two hours without success, police said.
The Police Department's SWAT Team was then called to the scene, and as the Tactical Team was making its approach to the home, Hanna exited the home and was taken into custody without incident, according to the release.
A 9 mm handgun was recovered following a search of the home, police said.
Hanna was arrested on charges of disorderly conduct while armed, being a felon in possession of a firearm and failure to comply to law enforcement, police said.
He is being held in custody at the Rock County Jail.
- Man accused of trying to kill unborn child in Wis. arrested in NY
- Two men charged with armed robbery in Monroe
- Crash involving ambulance closes U.S. Highway 12
- Crews deal with dwindling salt supply, funds amid icy winter
- Monona cafe calls for action after no charges in embezzlement case
- Consumer Reports: Should you buy Ikea appliances?