BELOIT, Wis. - The Beloit Police Department said a man was taken into custody following a standoff at a home Wednesday.
Beloit police responded shortly before 2 p.m. to a home in the 1700 block of Pine St. on a report of a man armed with a handgun.
The caller was able to leave the home and identified the suspect as David J. Hanna, 37, according to a Beloit Police Department news release.
The caller told police that Hanna, who didn't live at the home, was the only person remaining in the house and appeared despondent.
Members of the Beloit Police Department's Crisis Negotiations Unit attempted to communicate with Hanna via PA system for more than two hours without success, police said.
The Police Department's SWAT Team was then called to the scene, and as the Tactical Team was making its approach to the home, Hanna exited the home and was taken into custody without incident, according to the release.
A 9 mm handgun was recovered following a search of the home, police said.
Hanna was arrested on charges of disorderly conduct while armed, being a felon in possession of a firearm and failure to comply to law enforcement, police said.
He is being held in custody at the Rock County Jail.
- Robber points gun at motel clerk, flees empty-handed
- Wisconsin woman's play to take stage in San Diego
- Aging farmers in Wisconsin fear nursing care may cost farm
- Police questioning suspect in Middleton homicide
- Green Bay official explores ban on openly carrying guns
- Sheriff: Alcohol may be factor in crash that injured two