ELKHORN, Wis. - A Whitewater woman was killed when her SUV was rear-ended by a car driven by a suspected drunken driver, according to the Walworth County Sheriff's Office.
Deputies were called to Highway 89 south of Island Road in the town of Whitewater at 4:53 p.m. on Sunday for a report of a two-vehicle crash.
Investigators said a car driven by Craig Michael Seefeldt, 50, of Whitewater crashed into the back of an SUV driven by Melissa Patrick, 40, of Whitewater, as she was slowing to enter a driveway. The SUV was forced into the ditch and overturned.
Patrick was ejected during the rollover. A girl riding in the SUV was taken to Fort Atkinson Hospital with moderate injuries.
Seefeldt was arrested on suspicion of OWI causing homicide, OWI causing injury and reckless driving endangering safety.
- UW-Madison chosen by U.S DOT to test automated vehicles
- Janesville robotics team among top 10 in global competition, moves to final round
- EPA grant freeze could ‘pull rug out from under' UW-Madison research
- Man on trial for deadly shooting says he was fearful for his life
- Suspected serial thief steals again, police say
- State manufacturing tax credit continues to grow