MADISON, Wis. - Madison police said a man with a significant criminal history was arrested again Tuesday night after a burglary investigation.
Officers were called to a business in the 100 block of South First Street at 9:24 p.m. after a woman who lives nearby reported seeing a man with a tool prying a door open.
Police said officers arrived as the intruder was getting into a minivan. They said they found money likely stolen in the burglary. The van was taken to impound and searched. Officers said they found tools, electronics, wallets and a crack pipe.
Jeff D. Joe, 60, was arrested on suspicion of burglary and on a parole violation.
A 64-year-old Fitchburg man who was also in the van told police he was drunk and not aware of the burglary. He said he awoke when police arrived.
- Neighborhood initiative aims to diminish crime on Madison's east side
- Dodge Co. Sheriff asks for more student education after school threats made
- Two injured in Iowa County rollover crash
- Family: Milwaukee mother shot repeatedly in van
- Dane County airport wins award for food program
- East side Walgreens robbed at gunpoint Sunday