MCFARLAND, Wis. - A man armed with two loaded guns and 11 knives complied with police who responded to reports of a domestic disturbance in McFarland Friday morning, according to a release.
Just before 9:30 a.m. a McFarland police officer was dispatched to a residence in the 5300 block of Terminal Drive for a report of a domestic disturbance in progress involving a person armed with firearms, officials said.
Officers asked the 75-year-old man to exit the home, according to the release. As he exited the home, he was armed with two loaded handguns and 11 knives. Officers asked the man to put his weapons on the ground and he complied.
The 75-year-old was taken into custody without incident, police said.
An investigation revealed the man was delusional and imaged that he was involved in a domestic situation where an imagined assailant was armed with a firearm, officials said. The man is being evaluated for mental health issues.
- Deputies warn of thin ice as warm temps continue
- Falcons roll 44-21 to reach Super Bowl
- Packers fall to Falcons 44-21
- Family, friends of Tony Robinson protest plan to return officer to patrol
- Packers fans stock up on snacks before NFC Championship game
- Wisconsin officials investigating skull found on vacant land