SPARTA, WI - Sparta police arrested a 24-year-old man after he allegedly threatened to shoot up the Sparta Police Department.
Police were called to the Hangout Bar around 2:10 a.m. on Monday. A patron had called police to report that Matthew Ames had a gun and told them he intended to shoot up the police department.
Police say when they arrived on scene, they found him standing outside the bar and saw a handgun concealed in his waistband. The police report states Ames showed "obvious signs of intoxication" and was arrested for carrying a concealed weapon, carrying a handgun where alcohol is sold/consumed, and operate a firearm while intoxicated.
- Lack of sand for roads prompts Wisconsin Dells school closure, official says
- Mother, missing children could be in Black Hills
- Man arrested on suspicion of OWI after crash injures 3
- Man arrested on suspicion of 4th OWI
- Former president George H.W. Bush hospitalized
- Family remembers fire that took 4 kids' lives 25 years later