MADISON, Wis. - Bond has been set and preliminary hearing has been scheduled for the man who is the suspect in 25-30 robberies in downtown Madison last fall.
Kendredge Dillard, 21, was arrested Oct. 24 in Illinois and is charged with armed robbery and burglary while armed with a dangerous weapon. Police believe Dillard is connected to a string of armed robberies and other incidents in the Madison area.
Dillard's bail was set at $10,000 in court Wednesday.
A criminal complaint states that in an Oct. 23 robbery in the 500 block of Mifflin Street, the victim came home and went into his bathroom. A robber entered the bathroom with a gun and demanded his phone and wallet. Once the robber left the victim yelled outside the building for someone to stop to robber.
The victim identified Dillard from an array of photos as the man who robbed him, according to police.
The incidents police believe Dillard is connected to happened in the Vilas and Greenbush neighborhoods surrounding campus, and involved stolen wallets, small electronics and iPhones.
Dillard will be back in court for a preliminary hearing April 15.
- Widow of slayed Racine man wants ban of hollow-point bullets
- Wisconsin tribes clash in casino expansion fight
- Arcadia embraces Hispanic population amid immigration talks
- Find of device that looked like military mortar causes scare
- Lawyers for man charged in killing accuse victim's boyfriend
- 3 hospitalized, displaced in near west side fire