RACINE, Wis. - A 36-year-old man is charged with allegedly strangling his new wife before setting fire to a Mount Pleasant home where she was found on Christmas Day.
Joseph Guerrero was charged Friday with first-degree intentional homicide, arson, and mutilating a corpse.
According to the complaint, Guerrero told police that on Dec. 22 he got into an argument with 21-year-old Bianca Vite and she scratched him. He then allegedly placed his hands around her neck. He said he tried to revive her.
Authorities found her on Christmas Day.
He allegedly told police he wanted to die and tried light himself on fire before accidentally setting the house on fire.
The Journal Times reported the couple was married in July.
No defense attorney is listed for Guerrero in online court records.
- Wisconsin Supreme Court orders John Doe documents released
- Classes teach Madisonians how to keep backyard bees
- Judge orders suspended UW student to face trial
- First responders urge people to stay off ice this weekend
- Madison police have video of road rage incident involving a car and bike
- Robbery suspect arrested after stealing purse containing $1