WEST ALLIS, Wis. - Police said a man stole a snake in a Milwaukee suburb and left his son behind.
It happened Saturday during the Great Lakes Pet Expo at the Wisconsin State Fair Park in West Allis.
Cindy Steinle runs the reptile exhibit and told WISN-TV in Milwaukee that a volunteer gave the corn snake to the child to hold, and the child handed it to the father, who then left by himself.
The police arrested the man later after spotting him carrying a moving pillowcase.
WISN-TV reported the boy is back with his mother and the snake, which is worth $40, was returned.
The park's police Lt. David Umhoefer said the case may go to the district attorney's office later this week. He didn't know the child's age.
- Shredfest helps protect more than 1,100 people's identities
- 'Life goes on': Production ends at Oscar Mayer plant
- Vehicles, building hit by bullets in Fitchburg
- MPD: Around 12,000 attend 2017 Mifflin Street Block Party; no serious incidents
- Officials identify woman killed in Middleton homicide; suspect in custody
- Robber points gun at motel clerk, flees empty-handed