WEST ALLIS, Wis. - Police said a man stole a snake in a Milwaukee suburb and left his son behind.
It happened Saturday during the Great Lakes Pet Expo at the Wisconsin State Fair Park in West Allis.
Cindy Steinle runs the reptile exhibit and told WISN-TV in Milwaukee that a volunteer gave the corn snake to the child to hold, and the child handed it to the father, who then left by himself.
The police arrested the man later after spotting him carrying a moving pillowcase.
WISN-TV reported the boy is back with his mother and the snake, which is worth $40, was returned.
The park's police Lt. David Umhoefer said the case may go to the district attorney's office later this week. He didn't know the child's age.
- Community supports boy fighting for his life
- Neighborhood initiative aims to diminish crime on Madison's east side
- Dodge Co. Sheriff asks for more student education after school threats made
- Two injured in Iowa County rollover crash
- Family: Milwaukee mother shot repeatedly in van
- Dane County airport wins award for food program