JUNCTION CITY, Wis. - A 32-year-old man is accused in Chippewa County of stealing from the dead.
Seth Furgason of Junction City is charged with stealing from the estate of a Town of Howard man who died from cancer in March.
The Chippewa Herald reports Furgason is charged with armed burglary, theft and possessing a firearm by a felon.
According to the complaint, a semi-automatic handgun and boxes of baseball cards from the 1960s, `70s and `80s were taken from the dead man's home, along with two chain saws and a debut issue of Sports Illustrated.
Furgason's girlfriend told investigators he was involved in similar burglaries in two other counties. The girlfriend said she drove Furgason at the crime scenes.
Furgason's attorney, Matt Torgerson, says he just received the complaint and had no comment.
- Pedestrian killed in Walworth County crash
- Thousands participate in Madison March for Science
- Friends, family send off 85 National Guard members
- Body pulled out of Kinnickinnic River in Milwaukee
- Signs go up in Racine marking Frank Lloyd Wright Trail
- DNR: Alcohol may be involved in Lake Wisconsin boat crash