JUNCTION CITY, Wis. - A 32-year-old man is accused in Chippewa County of stealing from the dead.
Seth Furgason of Junction City is charged with stealing from the estate of a Town of Howard man who died from cancer in March.
The Chippewa Herald reports Furgason is charged with armed burglary, theft and possessing a firearm by a felon.
According to the complaint, a semi-automatic handgun and boxes of baseball cards from the 1960s, `70s and `80s were taken from the dead man's home, along with two chain saws and a debut issue of Sports Illustrated.
Furgason's girlfriend told investigators he was involved in similar burglaries in two other counties. The girlfriend said she drove Furgason at the crime scenes.
Furgason's attorney, Matt Torgerson, says he just received the complaint and had no comment.
- PD: Drunk Mt. Horeb man jumps from moving car, runs into side of SUV
- City streets dept. denies telling MMSD roads were OK
- Phone scammer claims to be MPD Chief Mike Koval, officials say
- Icy Dane County road causes nearly 40-car pileup, officials say
- Man, woman caught selling stolen bike on Craigslist, police say
- Evers has $117,000 in bank for superintendent run