MONONA, Wis. - A 42-year-old man was arrested after officers said they found evidence at his residence linking him to thefts of quarters at a Monona laundromat.
The Monona Police Department said officers executed a search warrant at the Microtel Inn & Suites, 2139 E. Springs Drive, in Madison.
Monona Chief Walter J. Ostrenga said in a news release that over a period of time, a man was seen on surveillance video using keys to steal quarters from machines at the Laundry Center in Monona.
Douglas C. Morgan had been living at the Microtel since May.
Ostrenga said authorities found keys used in the theft of the quarters in Monona, a stolen scooter and marijuana in Morgan's possession.
Morgan was charged with three counts of entry into locked coin boxes, three counts of possession of coin box tools, possession of marijuana and operating a motor vehicle without the owner's consent, according to the release.
Ostrenga said Morgan was on parole for financial crimes when he was arrested Friday. Morgan was taken to the Dane County Jail.
McFarland police officers also assisted in the search, Monona police said.
- Dane County plans to buy land to make Capital City State Trail safer
- Handful of rat virus cases seen in Wisconsin and Illinois
- Hilldale Mall launches redevelopment of south side
- State unemployment rate drops to 4 percent in December
- Expect traffic delays in downtown Madison for Women's March Saturday
- Police arrest suspected heroin dealers, seize 3 guns, $28K cash