MONONA, Wis. - A 42-year-old man was arrested after officers said they found evidence at his residence linking him to thefts of quarters at a Monona laundromat.
The Monona Police Department said officers executed a search warrant at the Microtel Inn & Suites, 2139 E. Springs Drive, in Madison.
Monona Chief Walter J. Ostrenga said in a news release that over a period of time, a man was seen on surveillance video using keys to steal quarters from machines at the Laundry Center in Monona.
Douglas C. Morgan had been living at the Microtel since May.
Ostrenga said authorities found keys used in the theft of the quarters in Monona, a stolen scooter and marijuana in Morgan's possession.
Morgan was charged with three counts of entry into locked coin boxes, three counts of possession of coin box tools, possession of marijuana and operating a motor vehicle without the owner's consent, according to the release.
Ostrenga said Morgan was on parole for financial crimes when he was arrested Friday. Morgan was taken to the Dane County Jail.
McFarland police officers also assisted in the search, Monona police said.
- Madison police work to create better quality of life on top of State Street
- 'Out of the darkness' walk for suicide prevention
- Woman may face charges after being thrown from vehicle during crash
- Officials ID fatal Grant County crash victim
- Police: Electronics taken from Boscobel home Friday
- Armed robberies in Monona, Madison may be connected, Monona PD says