MADISON, WIS. - A man rammed the car Friday of someone he was accused of stalking and the officer who was attempting to stop the vehicle, police said.
Madison police said officers were investigating a stalking incident on Gammon Road at Colony Drive at 8:20 p.m. when they received information that the suspect, 31-year-old Jose Guzman, was following the victim on Gammon Road.
According to the report, police pulled in behind Guzman's vehicle and attempted a traffic stop. Instead of stopping, Guzman accelerated his vehicle and rammed the victim's vehicle several times.
Police said the officer pulled in front of Guzman's vehicle to stop the vehicular assault. Before it stopped, Guzman's vehicle also bumped the police squad.
Police said Guzman was taken into custody. Guzman was arrested on suspicion of first-degree recklessly endangering safety, eluding, stalking and a parole violation.
No one was injured in the incident, according to the report.
- Officials identify two men killed in Sheboygan plane crash
- CANCELED: Wisconsin River slow, no-wake order
- Janesville police take extra precautions after fentanyl found in area
- Forged letter criticizes local police chief
- DNR determines several factors led to Janesville fish kill
- Memorial Day travel expected to hit highest rate since 2005