MADISON, Wis. - A man accused of sexually assaulting his stepsister has pleaded not guilty to charges in Dane County Circuit Court on Thursday.
Joshua P. Drabek, 19, is charged with two counts of second-degree sexual assault of a child, two counts of felony bail-jumping and one count of repeated sexual assault of the same child.
Prosecutors allege that Drabek repeatedly sexually assaulted his stepsister beginning around her 10th birthday.
Drabek's bail was set at $50,000, and he is ordered not to have any contact with children.
Prosecutors said the girl was also tortured and starved by her father and stepmother, who are accused of denying the girl food and forcing her to live in the basement.
The severely malnourished girl told police the couple beat her, starved her and forced her to eat feces.
- Dog recovering after eating nails wrapped in hot dogs; Police look for person who left them
- Dating apps pose risk to teenagers, expert says
- Lawsuit over baked goods ban heads to court
- FDA issues warning letters over 'bogus cancer cures'
- County leaders announce effort to increase access to services for sexual assault victims
- Man barricaded in house with guns, ammunition surrenders, police say