MADISON, Wis. - A man accused of sexually assaulting his stepsister has pleaded not guilty to charges in Dane County Circuit Court on Thursday.
Joshua P. Drabek, 19, is charged with two counts of second-degree sexual assault of a child, two counts of felony bail-jumping and one count of repeated sexual assault of the same child.
Prosecutors allege that Drabek repeatedly sexually assaulted his stepsister beginning around her 10th birthday.
Drabek's bail was set at $50,000, and he is ordered not to have any contact with children.
Prosecutors said the girl was also tortured and starved by her father and stepmother, who are accused of denying the girl food and forcing her to live in the basement.
The severely malnourished girl told police the couple beat her, starved her and forced her to eat feces.
- Law enforcement warns of dangerous, ice-covered roads
- Lowell Elementary School closed due to flooding, officials say
- District: Some Janesville school bus routes canceled because of slippery roads
- Local Wisconsin man remembers meeting Dr. Martin Luther King Jr.
- Parents of girl charged in 'Slender Man' stabbing speak out
- 6-year-old girl buys birthday gifts for children in need