BALSAM LAKE, Wis. - A Wisconsin man is accused of groping and trying to rob a woman who stopped to help him on the side of the road.
Forty-one-year-old Steven Halvorsen of Grantsburg is charged with attempted armed robbery with threat of force, possession of a firearm by a felon, disorderly conduct and fourth-degree sexual assault.
The complaint said the woman stopped to help Halvorsen Sunday after seeing his pickup along the highway.
The woman told investigators Halvorsen got into her car, then pulled out a handgun and tried to rob her, but she told him she didn't have any money. She said Halvorsen then grabbed her breast. She told him to get out of her car.
Halvorsen later was arrested in Minneapolis. The St. Paul Pioneer Press reported that he remains in jail.
- MPD: Around 12,000 attend 2017 Mifflin Street Block Party; no serious incidents
- Officials identify woman killed in Middleton homicide; suspect in custody
- Robber points gun at motel clerk, flees empty-handed
- Wisconsin woman's play to take stage in San Diego
- Aging farmers in Wisconsin fear nursing care may cost farm
- Green Bay official explores ban on openly carrying guns