BALSAM LAKE, Wis. - A Wisconsin man is accused of groping and trying to rob a woman who stopped to help him on the side of the road.
Forty-one-year-old Steven Halvorsen of Grantsburg is charged with attempted armed robbery with threat of force, possession of a firearm by a felon, disorderly conduct and fourth-degree sexual assault.
The complaint said the woman stopped to help Halvorsen Sunday after seeing his pickup along the highway.
The woman told investigators Halvorsen got into her car, then pulled out a handgun and tried to rob her, but she told him she didn't have any money. She said Halvorsen then grabbed her breast. She told him to get out of her car.
Halvorsen later was arrested in Minneapolis. The St. Paul Pioneer Press reported that he remains in jail.
- Crews deal with dwindling salt supply, funds amid icy winter
- Monona cafe calls for action after no charges in embezzlement case
- Consumer Reports: Should you buy Ikea appliances?
- Consumer Reports: Foods that heal
- WEDC grants help grow entrepreneurship programs across state
- Political expert weighs in on effectiveness of Women's March movement