BALSAM LAKE, Wis. - A Wisconsin man is accused of groping and trying to rob a woman who stopped to help him on the side of the road.
Forty-one-year-old Steven Halvorsen of Grantsburg is charged with attempted armed robbery with threat of force, possession of a firearm by a felon, disorderly conduct and fourth-degree sexual assault.
The complaint said the woman stopped to help Halvorsen Sunday after seeing his pickup along the highway.
The woman told investigators Halvorsen got into her car, then pulled out a handgun and tried to rob her, but she told him she didn't have any money. She said Halvorsen then grabbed her breast. She told him to get out of her car.
Halvorsen later was arrested in Minneapolis. The St. Paul Pioneer Press reported that he remains in jail.
- Law enforcement warns of dangerous, ice-covered roads
- Lowell Elementary School closed due to flooding, officials say
- District: Some Janesville school bus routes canceled because of slippery roads
- Local Wisconsin man remembers meeting Dr. Martin Luther King Jr.
- Parents of girl charged in 'Slender Man' stabbing speak out
- 6-year-old girl buys birthday gifts for children in need