JANESVILLE, Wis. - The man charged with burning and hiding the body of a Fitchburg woman was arrested after Rock County Sheriff's Office detectives were alerted he was trying to escape.
Nathan Middleton, 29 was arrested after detectives learned Middleton had communicated with other inmates about wanting to escape. According to a release from the sheriff's office, Middleton had also attempted to contact friends and relatives to help him escape.
Middleton was being held on $100,000 cash bond for previous charges of hiding and burning the body of Aprina Paul, 19, of Fitchburg.
Middleton is expected in court on Monday.
- Dog recovering after eating nails wrapped in hot dogs; Police look for person who left them
- Dating apps pose risk to teenagers, expert says
- Lawsuit over baked goods ban heads to court
- FDA issues warning letters over 'bogus cancer cures'
- County leaders announce effort to increase access to services for sexual assault victims
- Man barricaded in house with guns, ammunition surrenders, police say