JANESVILLE, Wis. - The man charged with burning and hiding the body of a Fitchburg woman was arrested after Rock County Sheriff's Office detectives were alerted he was trying to escape.
Nathan Middleton, 29 was arrested after detectives learned Middleton had communicated with other inmates about wanting to escape. According to a release from the sheriff's office, Middleton had also attempted to contact friends and relatives to help him escape.
Middleton was being held on $100,000 cash bond for previous charges of hiding and burning the body of Aprina Paul, 19, of Fitchburg.
Middleton is expected in court on Monday.
- Wisconsin Supreme Court orders John Doe documents released
- Classes teach Madisonians how to keep backyard bees
- Judge orders suspended UW student to face trial
- First responders urge people to stay off ice this weekend
- Madison police have video of road rage incident involving a car and bike
- Robbery suspect arrested after stealing purse containing $1