TOMAH, Wis. - Authorities who responded to a house fire in west-central Wisconsin say a 50-year-old man has died after being found unconscious in the basement.
The Monroe County sheriff's department says a woman called 911 late Wednesday to report a fire. She also told dispatchers she couldn't find her husband.
Firefighters found him in the basement of the home in the town of Tomah. Emergency responders tried to revive him but he was pronounced dead at a hospital.
Sheriff Pete Quirin said authorities don't suspect foul play in the man's death. His name hasn't been released.
- Lack of sand for roads prompts Wisconsin Dells school closure, official says
- Mother, missing children could be in Black Hills
- Man arrested on suspicion of OWI after crash injures 3
- Man arrested on suspicion of 4th OWI
- Former president George H.W. Bush hospitalized
- Family remembers fire that took 4 kids' lives 25 years later