TOMAH, Wis. - Authorities who responded to a house fire in west-central Wisconsin say a 50-year-old man has died after being found unconscious in the basement.
The Monroe County sheriff's department says a woman called 911 late Wednesday to report a fire. She also told dispatchers she couldn't find her husband.
Firefighters found him in the basement of the home in the town of Tomah. Emergency responders tried to revive him but he was pronounced dead at a hospital.
Sheriff Pete Quirin said authorities don't suspect foul play in the man's death. His name hasn't been released.
- Four displaced in west side apartment fire
- 'Peaceful' protests, candlelight vigil held in Madison over Trump inauguration
- Wisconsin Supreme Court orders John Doe documents released
- Classes teach Madisonians how to keep backyard bees
- Judge orders suspended UW student to face trial
- First responders urge people to stay off ice this weekend