TOMAH, Wis. - Authorities who responded to a house fire in west-central Wisconsin say a 50-year-old man has died after being found unconscious in the basement.
The Monroe County sheriff's department says a woman called 911 late Wednesday to report a fire. She also told dispatchers she couldn't find her husband.
Firefighters found him in the basement of the home in the town of Tomah. Emergency responders tried to revive him but he was pronounced dead at a hospital.
Sheriff Pete Quirin said authorities don't suspect foul play in the man's death. His name hasn't been released.
- Memorial High all-school read sparks conversations about race, social justice
- Funding is available to remove lead service lines from homes
- Delavan man killed in motorcycle vs. tree crash, officials say
- GOP Legislature calls redistricting ruling 'dangerous'
- Crazylegs run/walk to close many downtown streets Saturday
- Dane County to acquire 130 acres along Yahara River