TOMAH, Wis. - Authorities who responded to a house fire in west-central Wisconsin say a 50-year-old man has died after being found unconscious in the basement.
The Monroe County sheriff's department says a woman called 911 late Wednesday to report a fire. She also told dispatchers she couldn't find her husband.
Firefighters found him in the basement of the home in the town of Tomah. Emergency responders tried to revive him but he was pronounced dead at a hospital.
Sheriff Pete Quirin said authorities don't suspect foul play in the man's death. His name hasn't been released.
- Surveillance video shows burglars breaking into Madison cellphone store
- Records show little GOP feedback to state education plan
- Lincoln Hills psychologist dismissed
- Kenosha teen who stabbed classmate was punched by victim
- La Crosse man accused of posting nude photos of ex online
- Milwaukee-bound man removed from flight for using bathroom before takeoff