CRANDON, Wis. - A 22-year-old Fond du Lac man is dead after a weekend snowmobile crash in Forest County.
The Forest County Sheriff's Office said Nicholas Giese was killed when he apparently lost control of his snowmobile Saturday on a trail on Pickerel Lake Road, about 20 miles south of Crandon.
WSAW-TV reported the Wisconsin Department of Natural Resources will investigate.
- Deputies warn of thin ice as warm temps continue
- Falcons roll 44-21 to reach Super Bowl
- Packers fall to Falcons 44-21
- Family, friends of Tony Robinson protest plan to return officer to patrol
- Packers fans stock up on snacks before NFC Championship game
- Wisconsin officials investigating skull found on vacant land