MILWAUKEE - A 19-year-old man has died after being rescued from the Milwaukee River.
The Milwaukee County medical examiner's office says Brandon Flores was with several friends when he tried to swim across the Milwaukee River.
The Journal Sentinel reports about 10 feet into his swim, Flores yelled that he could not swim. A friend tried to save him, but was being pulled down by Flores and retreated.
Flores went underwater shortly after 9 p.m. Monday and was found about 20 minutes later by a dive rescue crew. He died at a hospital.
- Glass packaging flaw prompts beer recall
- Winter weather could slow Wednesday commute
- $1M lottery ticket sold in Madison expires soon
- Men to be without safe, sober home with no live-in manager
- Ho-Chunk casino could draw $37 million from other casinos
- Multiple reports of gunshots heard in Madison Sunday night