MILWAUKEE - A 19-year-old man has died after being rescued from the Milwaukee River.
The Milwaukee County medical examiner's office says Brandon Flores was with several friends when he tried to swim across the Milwaukee River.
The Journal Sentinel reports about 10 feet into his swim, Flores yelled that he could not swim. A friend tried to save him, but was being pulled down by Flores and retreated.
Flores went underwater shortly after 9 p.m. Monday and was found about 20 minutes later by a dive rescue crew. He died at a hospital.
- Police looking for driver who fled after causing crash
- 75,000+ attend 'Women's March on Madison'
- MPD: 9-month-old girl back safe after father refused to return her to mother
- Committee debates to keep or remove Monterrey Dam
- 2 teenagers chased by police die in car crash in Milwaukee
- Four displaced in west side apartment fire