MILWAUKEE - A 19-year-old man has died after being rescued from the Milwaukee River.
The Milwaukee County medical examiner's office says Brandon Flores was with several friends when he tried to swim across the Milwaukee River.
The Journal Sentinel reports about 10 feet into his swim, Flores yelled that he could not swim. A friend tried to save him, but was being pulled down by Flores and retreated.
Flores went underwater shortly after 9 p.m. Monday and was found about 20 minutes later by a dive rescue crew. He died at a hospital.
- Two people shot at while in a car on Madison's east side
- Dick's Sporting Goods windows smashed, teen arrested
- Dog recovering after eating nails wrapped in hot dogs; Police look for person who left them
- Dating apps pose risk to teenagers, expert says
- Lawsuit over baked goods ban heads to court
- FDA issues warning letters over 'bogus cancer cures'