MILWAUKEE - A 19-year-old man has died after being rescued from the Milwaukee River.
The Milwaukee County medical examiner's office says Brandon Flores was with several friends when he tried to swim across the Milwaukee River.
The Journal Sentinel reports about 10 feet into his swim, Flores yelled that he could not swim. A friend tried to save him, but was being pulled down by Flores and retreated.
Flores went underwater shortly after 9 p.m. Monday and was found about 20 minutes later by a dive rescue crew. He died at a hospital.
- Family-owned business disputes child labor laws
- Memorial High all-school read sparks conversations about race, social justice
- DNR provides funding to remove lead service lines from homes
- Delavan man killed in motorcycle vs. tree crash, officials say
- GOP Legislature calls redistricting ruling 'dangerous'
- Crazylegs run/walk to close many downtown streets Saturday