MADISON, Wis. - The Madison Mallards will be announcing ballpark improvements at the Duck Pond at their annual first pitch event, officials said.
According to a release, a first look at the promotional schedule for the season will also be available.
Speakers at the event will include Mallards owner Steve Schmitt, President Vern Stenman and general manager Conor Caloia, organizers said. A question and answer session about the Mallards will follow the speakers. PA announcer Rich Reynolds will emcee the event.
The family-friendly event will include ballpark food and soda, and will be open to the public and free of charge, according to the release. Mallards mascot Maynard G. Mallard will be at the event that will also be offering kids activities.
Mallards sales staff will be on hand to sell 7-Game Packs and to answer fan questions, organizers said.
The event is scheduled for 3 p.m. on April 5 at the Warner Park Community Recreation Room.
The defending Summer Collegiate World Series Champion Mallards open the season at home May 27 at 7:05 p.m. as they take on the Kalamazoo Growlers. Single-game tickets will go on sale April 26 at 9 a.m.
- Lack of sand for roads prompts Wisconsin Dells school closure, official says
- Mother, missing children could be in Black Hills
- Man arrested on suspicion of OWI after crash injures 3
- Man arrested on suspicion of 4th OWI
- Former president George H.W. Bush hospitalized
- Family remembers fire that took 4 kids' lives 25 years later