MADISON, Wis. - The Madison Mallards will be announcing ballpark improvements at the Duck Pond at their annual first pitch event, officials said.
According to a release, a first look at the promotional schedule for the season will also be available.
Speakers at the event will include Mallards owner Steve Schmitt, President Vern Stenman and general manager Conor Caloia, organizers said. A question and answer session about the Mallards will follow the speakers. PA announcer Rich Reynolds will emcee the event.
The family-friendly event will include ballpark food and soda, and will be open to the public and free of charge, according to the release. Mallards mascot Maynard G. Mallard will be at the event that will also be offering kids activities.
Mallards sales staff will be on hand to sell 7-Game Packs and to answer fan questions, organizers said.
The event is scheduled for 3 p.m. on April 5 at the Warner Park Community Recreation Room.
The defending Summer Collegiate World Series Champion Mallards open the season at home May 27 at 7:05 p.m. as they take on the Kalamazoo Growlers. Single-game tickets will go on sale April 26 at 9 a.m.
- Angler catches massive trout, doesn't count for state record
- Overtime to catch Jakubowski cost Rock County Sheriff's Office $80,000
- Grant County school bus crash injures two
- Milwaukee TV station receives letter from author claiming to be Jakubowski
- Drugged driving deaths surpass drunken driving fatalities
- Police: Man who threw May Day Molotov cocktail arrested in Elkhart