TOWN OF BLOOMING GROVE, Wis. - What could have been a deadly carbon monoxide leak was caught Monday night thanks to the rain and a routine inspection.
Bryce Dale, the maintenance manager at the Holiday Apartments in the Town of Blooming Grove said he smelled natural gas and called MG&E while he was getting ready for flooding.
The town's fire chief said the carbon monoxide levels in the building were dangerously high and Dale probably saved lives.
But Dale says he's just glad no one was hurt.
"Like I told the owner of the apartment complex out there, his on-site maintenance man is basically a hero," said Glenn Linzmeier, Blooming Grove fire chief.
"I'm just glad everyone is safe and everything turned out OK and I'm just glad I was, where I was at the time," said Dale.
The apartment did end up flooding, which has now been fixed.
As for Dale, the complex owner took him out for lunch for all his hard work.
- Congress considering removal of FDA oversight to e-cigarettes
- Madison middle school to require student uniforms
- Facing deadline, most Wisconsin dairy farms find new buyer
- Surveillance video shows burglars breaking into Madison cellphone store
- Officials urge vaccinating horses against mosquito-spread diseases
- Man suffers ‘incapacitating injury' in Grant County crash, deputies say