MADISON, Wis. - There's still time to sign up for Madison's race against breast cancer. Deadlines for the annual Susan G. Komen Race for the Cure are fast approaching.
Online team registration for the race closes this Wednesday at midnight and individual registration closes next Wednesday.
With the race coming up in less than two weeks, officials are reminding people why they should get involved.
"With one in eight women receiving a breast cancer diagnosis in the U.S.., if you haven't been touched by breast cancer yet, you may, and it's important to go ahead and support these events and come out and support our survivors and do what you can," said Allyson Crowley, race coordinator. "It's a wonderful morning, it's a great celebration."
The race takes place June 1 at the Alliant Energy Center. You can learn more about getting involved at Susan G. Komen's website.
WISC is a proud sponsor of Race for the Cure, and this year you can join our team. You can register for the team and join Susan Siman, Jennifer Hoff, Dannika Lewis and other News 3 reporters by searching WISC on the race website.
For more information, check out the Channel 3000 Facebook page.Madison's Race for the Cure deadline approaching fast
- Man, woman caught selling stolen bike on Craigslist, police say
- Evers has $117,000 in bank for superintendent run
- Police: Teens try to open Madison girl's car door, flash gun at her
- Sonar scans help divers target Lake Erie plane crash search
- Suspected drunken driver hits car in oncoming lane, police say
- Teens say armed man asked them to get in car, police say