MADISON, Wis. - There's still time to sign up for Madison's race against breast cancer. Deadlines for the annual Susan G. Komen Race for the Cure are fast approaching.
Online team registration for the race closes this Wednesday at midnight and individual registration closes next Wednesday.
With the race coming up in less than two weeks, officials are reminding people why they should get involved.
"With one in eight women receiving a breast cancer diagnosis in the U.S.., if you haven't been touched by breast cancer yet, you may, and it's important to go ahead and support these events and come out and support our survivors and do what you can," said Allyson Crowley, race coordinator. "It's a wonderful morning, it's a great celebration."
The race takes place June 1 at the Alliant Energy Center. You can learn more about getting involved at Susan G. Komen's website.
WISC is a proud sponsor of Race for the Cure, and this year you can join our team. You can register for the team and join Susan Siman, Jennifer Hoff, Dannika Lewis and other News 3 reporters by searching WISC on the race website.
For more information, check out the Channel 3000 Facebook page.Madison's Race for the Cure deadline approaching fast
- Downtown homicide victim's roommate: Victim was likely trying to help the man who killed him
- Vet: Quick action saved dog who swallowed nails; Humane Society: 'This is now on our radar'
- State receives $20,000 grant to combat drugged driving
- Janesville police share internet safety tips for parents
- Facing deadline, most Wisconsin dairy farms find new buyer
- Congress considers removal of FDA oversight to e-cigarettes