MADISON, Wis. - A 28-year-old Madison woman was "upset and shaken" by a burglary at her home on Vernon Ave. around 1:30 Sunday morning according to a report from Madison police.
According to the report, the incident happened on the 500 block of Vernon Avenue. The woman told police she woke to hear someone kicking in her garage door.
The woman said she went to find out what was going on and the burglar left empty-handed according to police.
According to the report, the victim told police the burglar left in a car with at least two other people. The woman was unharmed.
- Poynette woman calls for action over million-dollar scam
- Warmer weather means construction starts on Capitol Square
- Family-owned business disputes child labor laws
- Memorial High all-school read sparks conversations about race, social justice
- DNR provides funding to remove lead service lines from homes
- Delavan man killed in motorcycle vs. tree crash, officials say