MADISON, Wis. - Madison police have arrested and charged a woman after she allegedly slashed the tire on her ex-husband's vehicle.
Lanita A. Mackey, 42 is charged with disorderly conduct and carrying a concealed weapon.
Officers responded to a disturbance in the 6700 block of Schroeder Road early Thursday morning and spoke with a 45-year-old male victim.
According to Madison Police, the victim said his car tire was slashed by his ex-wife, Mackey, stemming from an early morning argument over the male victim not being able to find his missing cell phone.
The ex-wife thought the male victim was responsible for her purse being stolen.
Mackey allegedly obtained a butcher knife from the kitchen and cut a mattress inside the home several times.
Police say she then went into the parking lot of the residence and cut a tire on the victim's vehicle.
Police say they found multiple lacerations to a mattress and the car tire, but Mackey denied any connection to that damage.
Officers took Mackey into custody and located a meat cleaver in her pocket that Mackey claimed was for the purposes of protection.
- MPD: Around 12,000 attend 2017 Mifflin Street Block Party; no serious incidents
- Officials identify woman killed in Middleton homicide; suspect in custody
- Robber points gun at motel clerk, flees empty-handed
- Wisconsin woman's play to take stage in San Diego
- Aging farmers in Wisconsin fear nursing care may cost farm
- Green Bay official explores ban on openly carrying guns