MADISON, Wis. - Madison alderwoman Lisa Subeck announced Thursday that she is running as a Democratic candidate for State Assembly representative in the 78th District.
The district includes many of Madison's far west side and southwest side neighborhoods that Subeck currently represents on the city council, according to a release. Subeck has been a Madison resident since 1989 and has a long history of community engagement and public service.
"I have dedicated my career to advancing public policy that reflects our core progressive Democratic values," Subeck said in a release. "As a member of the city council and as executive director of United Wisconsin, I work every day to strengthen and improve the quality of life in our local communities and our state."
Subeck said she will use her experience in the community, at city hall and in working on public policy to ensure residents of the 78th District have the representation they expect and deserve.
- Neighborhood initiative aims to diminish crime on Madison's east side
- Dodge Co. Sheriff asks for more student education after school threats made
- Two injured in Iowa County rollover crash
- Family: Milwaukee mother shot repeatedly in van
- Dane County airport wins award for food program
- East side Walgreens robbed at gunpoint Sunday