MADISON, Wis. - Two Madison bike organizations and the Boys & Girls Club of Dane County will be introducing a new line of custom , hand-painted bikes to the streets of Madison.
Madison B-cycle and Dreambikes of Madison are partnering with the youth group to unveil the "artbikes" on Aug 1 at Union South, starting at 4p.m according to a release from the Boys & Girls Club.
The bikes were hand-painted by members of the Boys & Girls Club. The artists will be there to present their works to the community.
Also, Metcalf's Market will donate $1 to the club for every ride taken on the bikes, which will be in circulation from Aug. 1 to Dec 15 , according to the release.
Madison had 11 artbikes last year, and they accounted for 10 percent of all B-cycle trips taken.
- Family remembers fire that took 4 kids' lives 25 years later
- Plea deal reached in killing of 13-year-old girl in 1982
- Madison Club donation focuses on 100 Black Men, achievement gap
- Madison Metro bus driver retires after half a century
- City streets dept. denies telling MMSD roads were OK
- Icy conditions send more people to ER for falls