MADISON, Wis. - Two Madison bike organizations and the Boys & Girls Club of Dane County will be introducing a new line of custom , hand-painted bikes to the streets of Madison.
Madison B-cycle and Dreambikes of Madison are partnering with the youth group to unveil the "artbikes" on Aug 1 at Union South, starting at 4p.m according to a release from the Boys & Girls Club.
The bikes were hand-painted by members of the Boys & Girls Club. The artists will be there to present their works to the community.
Also, Metcalf's Market will donate $1 to the club for every ride taken on the bikes, which will be in circulation from Aug. 1 to Dec 15 , according to the release.
Madison had 11 artbikes last year, and they accounted for 10 percent of all B-cycle trips taken.
- Video captures man stuffing puppies into drain
- Baldwin, other senators seek assurances from Trump pick for EPA
- Consumer Reports: Samsung Galaxy S8 first look
- Chief: Monday was 'horribly compelling night of crime' in Madison
- New gallery showcases visually impaired artists, proves creativity has no boundaries
- Attorney: Jakubowski traveled mostly on foot, was headed to South Dakota