MADISON, Wis. - A Madison teenager has been found guilty of killing a man during a gang war in 2011.
A Dane County jury delivered the verdict for, 19-year-old Demitrius Matticx, who was convicted of first-degree intentional homicide and three counts of first-degree reckless endangerment in a parking lot shooting that killed 20-year-old Jonathan Wilson. Matticx faces a mandatory life sentence. A judge will decide whether the teen will be eligible for supervised release.
The State Journal reported prosecutors say Matticx brought a loaded shotgun to a gang meeting before the shooting and told others afterward that he had shot and possibly killed someone.
- No injuries reported in burst of afternoon gunfire in residential neighborhood
- Local woman shares warning after credit card theft
- Bond reduced in UW-Stout student death case
- Madison police make arrest in downtown robbery
- Downtown homicide victim's roommate: Victim was likely trying to help the man who killed him
- Vet: Quick action saved dog who swallowed nails; Humane Society: 'This is now on our radar'