MADISON, Wis. - A Madison teenager has been found guilty of killing a man during a gang war in 2011.
A Dane County jury delivered the verdict for, 19-year-old Demitrius Matticx, who was convicted of first-degree intentional homicide and three counts of first-degree reckless endangerment in a parking lot shooting that killed 20-year-old Jonathan Wilson. Matticx faces a mandatory life sentence. A judge will decide whether the teen will be eligible for supervised release.
The State Journal reported prosecutors say Matticx brought a loaded shotgun to a gang meeting before the shooting and told others afterward that he had shot and possibly killed someone.
- Man shot in face testifies in homicide trial of Sophea Mouth
- Man suspected in another downtown Madison car break-in
- Pharmaceutical center in LaCrosse announces layoffs
- Warmer weather creates bumpy ride for drivers
- 3 teens arrested in connection to several vandalism cases
- UW-Whitewater lowers flag for student killed in crash