MADISON, Wis. - A Madison teenager has been found guilty of killing a man during a gang war in 2011.
A Dane County jury delivered the verdict for, 19-year-old Demitrius Matticx, who was convicted of first-degree intentional homicide and three counts of first-degree reckless endangerment in a parking lot shooting that killed 20-year-old Jonathan Wilson. Matticx faces a mandatory life sentence. A judge will decide whether the teen will be eligible for supervised release.
The State Journal reported prosecutors say Matticx brought a loaded shotgun to a gang meeting before the shooting and told others afterward that he had shot and possibly killed someone.
- Pickup truck, car fall through ice on 2 Dodge County lakes
- Man killed after setting off apartment explosion
- District: Some Janesville school bus routes canceled because of slippery roads
- Driver of car going 107 mph suspected of drug use, deputies say
- Car reported missing discovered crashed into condo, police say
- Driver who nearly strikes state patrol car charged with 4th OWI, trooper says