MADISON, Wis. - Madison Schools Superintendent Jennifer Cheatham will meet with teachers, staff, students and parents during four planned community days.
Cheatham will hold her first day April 18 at East High School, a statement said. Her itinerary includes a student-led tour of the school, a neighborhood walk and a community forum at 6:30 p.m.
The community days are part of Cheatham's entry into the school district, according to the statement.
"School visits are a central part of my entry plan, and each visit so far has been incredibly important in helping me understand the district's strengths and challenges," Cheatham said in the statement.
The statement said Cheatham plans to visit each school by the end of the school year.
Community days will be held at each high school, including a community forum at 6:30 p.m. Cheatham will visit West High School May 9, Memorial High School May 16 and La Follette High School May 30.
- Classes teach Madisonians how to keep backyard bees
- Judge orders suspended UW student to face trial
- First responders urge people to stay off ice this weekend
- Madison police have video of road rage incident involving a car and bike
- Robbery suspect arrested after stealing purse containing $1
- Mars investigating Skittles said to be intended for cattle