MADISON, Wis. - Madison Schools Superintendent Jennifer Cheatham will meet with teachers, staff, students and parents during four planned community days.
Cheatham will hold her first day April 18 at East High School, a statement said. Her itinerary includes a student-led tour of the school, a neighborhood walk and a community forum at 6:30 p.m.
The community days are part of Cheatham's entry into the school district, according to the statement.
"School visits are a central part of my entry plan, and each visit so far has been incredibly important in helping me understand the district's strengths and challenges," Cheatham said in the statement.
The statement said Cheatham plans to visit each school by the end of the school year.
Community days will be held at each high school, including a community forum at 6:30 p.m. Cheatham will visit West High School May 9, Memorial High School May 16 and La Follette High School May 30.
- Fremont woman accused in boyfriend's fatal stabbing is acquitted
- East Towne Mall employee attacked, robbed
- Woman arrested, suspected of abducting her kids
- ACLU: Youth prison lawsuit prompted by silence from investigators
- UW-Madison chosen to test autonomous vehicles
- Woman pinned in van after crash with ambulance on Hwy. 12