MADISON, Wis. - Motorists on Madison's west side and near downtown could encounter special traffic enforcement this week, according to the Madison Police Department.
The traffic enforcement safety team will be at Odana Road and Whitney Way on Tuesday making sure motorists are wearing seat belts and following traffic signals.
On Wednesday the team will be in the 500 block of West Johnson Street looking for speeders.
The patrols are part of an effort by police to promote compliance with traffic laws.
- Dog recovering after eating nails wrapped in hot dogs; Police look for person who left them
- Dating apps pose risk to teenagers, expert says
- Lawsuit over baked goods ban heads to court
- FDA issues warning letters over 'bogus cancer cures'
- County leaders announce effort to increase access to services for sexual assault victims
- Man barricaded in house with guns, ammunition surrenders, police say