MADISON, Wis. - Motorists on Madison's west side and near downtown could encounter special traffic enforcement this week, according to the Madison Police Department.
The traffic enforcement safety team will be at Odana Road and Whitney Way on Tuesday making sure motorists are wearing seat belts and following traffic signals.
On Wednesday the team will be in the 500 block of West Johnson Street looking for speeders.
The patrols are part of an effort by police to promote compliance with traffic laws.
- Minnesota ban on Sunday liquor sales may be lifted
- Mustard Museum may close if county doesn't forgive loan
- Republican, Democrat each share hopes for inauguration
- Child expert weighs in on search for 9-month-old
- Sheriff warns of phone scammer pretending to be deputy
- Warm weather is melting away profits in the winter sports industry