MADISON, Wis. - Motorists on Madison's west side and near downtown could encounter special traffic enforcement this week, according to the Madison Police Department.
The traffic enforcement safety team will be at Odana Road and Whitney Way on Tuesday making sure motorists are wearing seat belts and following traffic signals.
On Wednesday the team will be in the 500 block of West Johnson Street looking for speeders.
The patrols are part of an effort by police to promote compliance with traffic laws.
- Police looking for driver who fled after causing crash
- 75,000+ attend 'Women's March on Madison'
- MPD: 9-month-old girl back safe after father refused to return her to mother
- Committee debates to keep or remove Monterrey Dam
- 2 teenagers chased by police die in car crash in Milwaukee
- Four displaced in west side apartment fire