MADISON, Wis. - Madison police will be paying special attention to traffic enforcement in specific areas of the city this week.
Special patrols will be placed in the following areas:
- Tuesday at 200 S. Whitney Way (Speed enforcement - 30 mph zone)
- Wednesday at 1400 E Johnson St. (Speed enforcement - 25 mph zone)
- Thursday at 1500 Wright St. (Speed enforcement 25 mph zone)
Madison police said they rely on the cooperation of the public to be aware of and to follow all traffic laws, whether as a pedestrian, bicyclist or motorist.
Motorists are reminded to drive safely and to buckle seat belts.
- Poynette woman calls for action over million-dollar scam
- Warmer weather means construction starts on Capitol Square
- Family-owned business disputes child labor laws
- Memorial High all-school read sparks conversations about race, social justice
- DNR provides funding to remove lead service lines from homes
- Delavan man killed in motorcycle vs. tree crash, officials say