MADISON, Wis. - One woman is dead, and another man is injured, following a shooting on Madison's east side Wednesday night, according to Madison police. Police say the case is a homicide and attempted homicide.
Police said they were called to a home in the 700 block of N. Thompson Drive just before 8 p.m. Wednesday.
Police said when they arrived, they found a woman dead from gunshot wounds. Police said a man also suffered gunshot wounds and was taken to the hospital. However, police said his injuries are not considered to be life-threatening.
Police said this does not appear to be a random crime, and have not identified a suspect in the shooting. Officials hope to release more information Thursday morning.
Stay tuned to WISC-TV for continuing coverage.Police: One dead, one injured in shooting on Madison's east side
- DHS: Wisconsinites hit hard by flu bug this year
- Powerball jackpot hits more than $403 million
- Woman parks in downtown Madison, returns to find car on fire
- Officials: Impaired driver struck multiple cars, arrested for 4th OWI
- Kentucky shooting suspect thought to be headed to Wis. now in custody
- GOP leader Fitzgerald introduces bill to relax well regulations